The Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards recognizes outstanding works that contribute to our understanding of racism and our appreciation of cultural diversity. Awards are given for fiction, poetry and nonfiction. Submissions will be accepted beginning September 1. The submission deadline is December 31. The winners are announced in the spring.
To submit a book for consideration, send five copies with a completed copy of the Entry Form to:
Karen R. Long
c/o Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards
The Cleveland Foundation
1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300
Cleveland, OH 44115
Upon receipt, the books will be forwarded to the jury. All submitted materials become the property of the Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards and will not be returned.
- Books must be written in English and published and copyrighted in 2016 to be eligible for the 2017 prize.
- Awards are given in fiction, poetry and nonfiction.
- All submitted materials become the property of the Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards and will not be returned.
- The deadline for submission is December 31. Entries arriving after the deadline must be postmarked by December 31 to be eligible.
- Confirmation of delivery receipt is not provided.
- The following are NOT eligible for consideration:
- Works in progress
- Electronically published or e-books
- Self-published works
For Publishers – Prizes and Recognition
- Anisfield-Wolf winners receive their prize at a ceremony in Cleveland in September.
- Award recipients traditionally receive $10,000 from the Anisfield-Wolf fund.
- Winners are required to participate in media interviews and publicity opportunities in conjunction with the prize.
- Publishers are encouraged to congratulate their winners in advertisements and via social media.
- Publishers are encouraged to mention of the Anisfield-Wolf prize in new editions, general publicity and web posts about their winning authors.